You should not receive any facial waxing if you are using the following products: Retin A, Renova, Differin. If you are on Accutane waxing is contraindicated. It is not recommended to be waxed for at least a year after you have stopped using Accutane. If you have been or plan to be out in the sun within 24-48 hours before or after an appointment, you should not be waxed. If you are sunburned in the area you want waxed you cannot be waxed.
After your first wax, the skin may be a bit red and irritated. This is normal and should calm down within 24hrs. Please keep in mind that it is difficult to predict how your skin may react, e.g. bruising and peeling. Sometimes the skin experiences a histamine reaction (hives, welts, and itchiness) or will break out (this can happen when a mature hair is removed from a follicle.)
Your results may last between 2-6 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows. As you receive regular waxing, the hair will continue to be sparser and the waxing itself will hurt less. There is generally some discomfort with waxing. But, it is a quick, temporary sting that stops hurting right away and believe us when we say that the anticipation is much worse than the actual wax! Some clients swear by taking an Advil or Motrin about thirty minutes prior to a wax. Also, with bikini waxes, timing is important! Bikini waxes tend to be more painful about 2 days before and after your period. It tends to hurt more the first time than any other time because you don’t know what to expect. The pain does lessen if you keep up with waxing.
Things you can do minimize irritation and maximize results:
• Wear loose comfortable pants for a bikini or leg wax. Yoga pants are not recommended.
• Wear a loose, clean T-Shirt for a back wax.
• Do not exercise, sweat, or sun 24hrs after waxing. It is also advised to avoid sex for 24 hours after a bikini wax.
• Avoid fragrances and photo-sensitizing essential oils.
• Pre-treat your skin with a gentle body scrub 24 hrs. before your appointment.
• Avoid AHA and BHA products 24 hrs. before your appointment